Child Care Teacher
Hourly Rate of $31.92 - $42.33 (inclusive of 25% loading) (LGIA Stream A Level Teacher, Band 1 to Teacher, Band 3)
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 800 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
About the Position
Assist the Director in the implementation and development of teaching programs and delivery of a quality childcare service.
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding casual role in Early Childhood Education? Council is currently seeking a qualified teacher with a passion for early childhood learning and development for its Childcare Centre. As the Child Care Teacher you will work with the Director implementing effective and stimulating developmental programs, while providing positive and responsive care for children attending the centre.
You will be self-motivated, creative and a forward thinker who is able to work with children as well as form great working relationships with families and other staff. You will also have strong communication and leadership skills that will assist you to mentor other staff within the centre.
You must possess an approved early childhood teaching qualification as recognised by the Education and Care Services National Regulations (see note below), hold a current First Aid and CPR certification along with a positive Blue Card for working with Children and Young People.
To be considered for this position you must respond to each dot point below within a 1-2 page cover letter. Please ensure each position requirement is clearly labelled in your cover letter. We strongly encourage applicants to utilise Council’s cover letter template which can be found on the Council website.
Position Requirements to address in your cover letter are:
- Early childhood teaching qualification (or studying towards) and demonstrated professional experience working in a similar role within a childcare centre or early years learning environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law QLD 2011 Act, Education and Care Services National Regulations and National Quality Standards
- A passion for working with young children and the ability to quickly build relationships with children, families and colleagues.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application. You will be required to upload a current resume and cover letter addressing the above dot points in 1-2 pages.
Applications Close: Monday 6 April 2020 at Midnight (AEST)
Please note: In June 2019, the Education Council agreed to extend regulation 242 of the National Regulations. Under regulation 242, you are ‘taken to be an early childhood teacher’ if you:
- are enrolled in an approved early childhood teaching qualification, and
- give the approved provider documentary evidence from the course provider that you:
- have started the course, and
- are making satisfactory progress towards completing the course, and
- are meeting the requirements for maintaining the enrolment, and
- hold an approved diploma level educator qualification, or have completed at least 50 per cent of the course.