Treatment Plant Operator
- Fixed Term Full Time (3 Months)
- Rotating Roster with 12 hr shifts
- Pro Rata $98,495 - $101,467 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 8/9 Treatment Plant Operator) + Superannuation
- Location – Parkhurst
Your new role
Fitzroy River Water has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Treatment Plant Operator to work within the Rockhampton Region.
You will monitor and analyse water and/or sewage treatment plant processes and the status of other key water and sewerage system assets in accordance with internal operational standards and with national and state guidelines and regulatory requirements.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Certificate II or higher in Water and/or Sewage Treatment Plant Operation with demonstrated experience as an operator in treatment plants.
- Knowledge of key water quality guidelines and regulatory requirements, the fundamentals of water and sewage treatment processes and drinking water supply systems.
- Team player who can work autonomously and always acts with accountability.
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts and work after hours, be on-call and/or attend to callouts when required
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Position Requirements below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Certificate II or higher in Water and/or Sewage Treatment Plant Operation (or related discipline) and experience as an operator of water and/or sewage treatment plants.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of water and wastewater treatment processes and drinking water supply systems.
- Knowledge of key water quality guidelines and regulatory requirements including NH&MRC and State Government administered documents and legislation.
- Ability to self-manage, plan and prioritise workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively and liaise with all key stakeholders ensuring a positive outcome is reached.
Please use Council’s cover letter template which can be found on the Council website and ensure you clearly label each Position Requirement in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 8 June 2020 at Midnight (AEST)