Local Laws Compliance Officer
- Fixed Term Full Time (12 months)
- Rotating Roster, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $69,847 - $74,280 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 3) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
This role will work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to build a culture of intelligent based compliance in the field of illegal dumping. You will administrate and report on compliance issues in regards to Council Local Laws, delegated State Legislation and other Legislation.
With your excellent communication skills, you will respond to, schedule and investigate reported breaches of illegal dumping incidents and develop and maintain a register of all reported illegal dumping incidents and provide monthly reports as required.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
· Someone who enjoys working both indoors and outdoors.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders in the community.
· Innovation, confidentiality and sensitivity while performing all duties of the role.
· Ability to carry out your duties in a safe manner whilst ensuring the safety of your team members and customers.
· Ability to record and analyse data with a high level of accuracy.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
· Supportive Work/Life Balance
· A large employer with a strong values driven culture
· A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
· Ongoing training and development opportunities
· Corporate membership discounts
· Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
· 17.5% annual leave loading
· Employee Assistance Program
· Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Position Requirements below;
2. Your Current resume.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and produce intelligent products including maps and graphs.
· Communication, investigation and interviewing skills with the ability to obtain evidence and produce written reports and briefs.
· Customer service skills with the ability to negotiate, de-escalate and resolve conflict and problems with a positive attitude.
· Excellent observation skills with the ability to identify evidence and deliver solutions to issues.
Please use Council’s cover letter template which can be found on the Council website and ensure you clearly label each Position Requirement in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 8 June 2020 at Midnight (AEST)