Truck Driver / Labourer
- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $59,713 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 5 + Site Allowance) + Superannuation
- Location – Gracemere
Your new role
Do you have experience in the operation, maintenance and servicing of trucks in the civil construction industry? Council is seeking a highly motivated Truck Driver/Labourer to join their Rural Operations team based at Gracemere.
You will operate trucks and plant while undertaking road building labouring duties when necessary. You will be required to operate and maintain small machines and hand tools and have a basic knowledge of the requirements of civil construction and maintenance.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
· Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of plant, preferably in the civil construction industry.
· Ability to carry out your duties in a safe manner whilst ensuring the safety of your team members and customers.
· Must be capable of working harmoniously and productively in a diverse and multi skilled work team.
· A working knowledge of the requirements for small machinery and hand tool operation and maintenance, including two-way radios.
· A positive attitude with an ability to work in rural and remote locations.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Position Requirements below;
2. Your Current resume.
· “HC” Class Licence, Construction Industry Induction (White Card), Traffic Management Implementation, and experience in the operation of an articulated vehicle with 3 axles.
· Solid experience in a Civil Construction environment in particular Rural Road Building.
· Ability to work in a diverse and multi-skilled team whilst promoting a positive attitude.
Please use Council’s cover letter template which can be found on the Council website and ensure you clearly label each Position Requirement in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 1 June 2020 at Midnight (AEST)