Disaster Management Project Officer
- Fixed Term Full Time (until 30 June 2021)
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- Pro Rata $77,663 - $82,604 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 4) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
This exciting new role within the Disaster Management unit will perform project support activities and work with the community to increase their understanding of risk and disaster management plans and tools. With your high level liaison skills, you will develop and deliver Disaster Management community engagement and education plans and develop and deliver Get Ready activities for the 2020 season.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements
- Ability to plan and work independently, but contribute to overarching team goals and deadlines
- Experience developing disaster management plans, education strategies and resources
- Knowledge and understanding of local government, legislation, policies and procedures with ability to proactively identify emerging issues and/or risks impacting on business
- Ability to negotiate and work cooperatively with stakeholders, consultants, contractors, community members, government agencies and businesses
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Position Requirements below;
2. Your Current resume.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements and ability to develop disaster management plans and education strategies and resources.
· Highly developed skills in verbal communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to consult and liaise professionally with community members and groups and key projects stakeholders.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of local government, legislation, policies and procedures with ability to proactively identify emerging issues and/or risks impacting on business.
· Community engagement and education experience with experience facilitating workshops with multiple stakeholders.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Position Requirement in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 17 August 2020 at Midnight (AEST)