- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $62,879 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 6 + Site Allowance) + Superannuation
- Location – Gracemere
Your new role
Do you have experience in the operation, maintenance and servicing of trucks and plant in the civil construction industry? Council is seeking a highly motivated Truck Driver/Labourer to join their Rural Operations team based at Gracemere.
You will operate council trucks while undertaking rural road building labouring duties when necessary. You will be required to operate and maintain small machines and hand tools and have a basic knowledge of the requirements of civil construction and maintenance.
Applicants that hold Plant tickets are encouraged to apply.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
· Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of trucks, preferably in the civil construction industry.
· Ability to carry out your duties in a safe manner whilst ensuring the safety of your team members and customers.
· Must be capable of working harmoniously and productively in a diverse and multi skilled work team.
· A working knowledge of the requirements for small machinery and hand tool operation and maintenance, including two-way radios.
· A positive attitude with an ability to work in rural and remote locations.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Position Requirements below;
2. Your Current resume.
· “HC” Class Licence and experience in the operation and maintenance of trucks (Semi water trucks, tippers and side tipping semi gravel trucks).
· Experience in a Civil Construction environment in particular Rural Road Building and adhering to WHS practices.
· Ability to work in a diverse and multi-skilled team whilst promoting a positive attitude.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Position Requirement in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 26 October 2020 at Midnight (AEST)