Child Care Assistant
- Fixed Term Full Time (January 2021 - December 2021)
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $54,507 per annum (LGIA Stream A CSW Year 1 Qual Year 1) (Junior Rates May Apply) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Community Services is seeking a confident individual to provide positive and responsive care for children at City Child Care Centre. You will be responsible for focusing on children’s developmental and routine needs while assisting the group leader to plan, implement and evaluate stimulating, safe and effective programs for children of all ages using the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual with a positive and friendly demeanour
- Ability to creating a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment
- A high level of care, health & safety standard throughout your work
- A passion for providing quality early childhood education and care.
- Strong understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Position Requirements below;
- Your Current resume.
- Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care (formerly referred to as Certificate III in Children Services), Blue Card for Working with Children and Young People, Current First Aid & CPR certificate and experience working as part of a team in a professional child care environment.
- Communication skills and the ability to develop relationships.
- Genuine passion for working with children and experience providing positive care and educational opportunities to children.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Position Requirement in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 30 November 2020 at Midnight (AEST)