Audience Engagement and Learning Team Leader – Rockhampton Museum of Art
- Fixed Term Full Time (2 Years)
- Supportive Work/Life Balance, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $77,663 - $82,604 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 4) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
This new and exciting leadership position will create inspiring pathways for participation and learning that connects existing and new audiences to Rockhampton Museum of Art in a meaningful, memorable and connected ways.
Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of Rockhampton Museum of Art’s learning and engagement activities with a focus on first nations and digital.
This position will work weekends and outside of normal office hours as required.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience in the arts / visual arts and education.
- Strong leadership qualities that inspire and empower a positive and results focused team.
- Developed understanding of First Nations-appropriate practices, cultural awareness and terminology.
- High level attention to detail with exceptional written and visual presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to problem solve, build relationships with all stakeholders and provide the best customer experience.
- Ambition to ensure that all outcomes and targets are met with optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2 - 3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Experience working in arts education, administration and/or project management position particularly in researching, planning and presenting engagement, learning and education programs and events.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders to raise the profile of the Rockhampton Museum of Art to local, national and international audiences.
- Understanding of First Nations-appropriate practices, cultural awareness and terminology.
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate staff to achieve positive business outcomes with a One Team approach.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 22 February 2021 at Midnight (AEST)