Development and Visitor Services Team Leader - Rockhampton Museum of Art
- Fixed Term Full Time (2 Years)
- Supportive Work/Life Balance, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $77,663 - $82,604 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 4) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Lead Rockhampton Museum of Art’s development and retention of relationships, partnerships and collaborations while fostering a high level visitor experience. This is an exciting opportunity to raise the profile of the Museum to local, national and international audiences.
Delivering front of house operations, this role will lead an active and genuine visitor experience, working across activity areas of visitor services, development, retail, reception and ticketing.
This position will work weekends and outside of normal office hours as required.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience in philanthropy, development and client relations.
- Ambition to ensure that all outcomes and targets are met with optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to problem solve, build relationships with all stakeholders and provide the best customer experience.
- Developed leadership qualities that inspire and empower a positive and results focused team.
- High level attention to detail with exceptional written and visual presentation skills.
- Understanding of First Nations-appropriate practices, cultural awareness and terminology.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2 - 3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Demonstrated experience within an art museum environment, particularly relevant to the activities of visitors services, development, retail and events.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including Government sectors, Arts Industries, Professional bodies and individuals.
- Experience and knowledge in business development and brand recognition, particularly relevant to a retail and cultural facility environment.
- Ability to lead, mentor and motivate staff to achieve positive business outcomes with a One Team approach.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 22 February 2021 at Midnight (AEST)