Exhibition and Production Team Leader - Rockhampton Museum of Art
- Fixed Term Full Time (2 Years)
- Supportive Work/Life Balance, 76 hours per fortnight
- $82,200 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 5 Major Venues) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Coordinate and deliver exhibition and production services for Rockhampton Museum of Art with an emphasis creating a culture of safety and service excellence.
The position oversees costs, risk and safety across exhibitions and productions through policies, systems and administration to ensure artists, performers, hirers and presenters can realise their creative vision.
This position will work weekends and outside of normal office hours as required.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Passion for arts / visual arts and it’s value and contribution to society.
- Strong leadership qualities that inspire and empower a positive and safety focused team.
- Ambition to ensure that all outcomes and targets are met with optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understanding of First Nations-appropriate practices, cultural awareness and terminology.
- High level attention to detail with exceptional written and visual presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to problem solve, build relationships with all stakeholders and provide the best customer experience.
- Ability to carry out your duties in a safe manner whilst ensuring the safety of your team members and public.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2 - 3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Diploma of Design (interior / industrial), or Cert IV in Library and Information Services or equivalent industry qualification with significant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in operation and maintenance of exhibition related technical equipment ensuring that strict safety practices are followed.
- Project and Risk management skills and ability to monitor budgets to ensure project milestones are met.
- Ability to lead, train and mentor staff, contractors and volunteers and coordinate work activities.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 22 February 2021 at Midnight (AEST)