First Nations Arts Assistant
- Fixed Term Part Time (10 weeks)
- 40.8 Hours Per Fortnight, Supportive Work/Life Balance
- $57,758 - $64,010 per annum pro rata (LGIA Stream A Level 1) (Junior rates may apply) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton Museum of Art, Rockhampton
Your new role
This role contributes to the development and delivery of a connected, informed and meaningful program of First Nations engagement and learning programs at Rockhampton Museum of Art, as part of the engagement and learning program.
The First Nations engagement and learning program encompass a variety of themes drawn from curatorial and exhibition activities to positively enhance the collection. First Nations programs support access to and awareness to a broad range of arts and culture, including but not limited to dance, performance, song, story, textiles, painting and sculpture.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.
What we are looking for
- A passion for Arts and cultural programs and projects
- Ability to learn quickly, self-research, and adapt to new technology
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workloads
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours as required
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit the following document/s:
1. A Job Application Form (found below);
2. Your Current resume (optional).
Where to submit your application:
- Online - Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
- In Person – Please deliver to Workforce & Governance, City Hall, 232 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton.
- Via Email – Please email your completed application to email@example.com
Application Forms can also be collected from Workforce & Governance, City Hall, 232 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton.
If you require any additional support with your application, please contact Rockhampton Art Gallery on 07 4936 8248 to speak with Gallery Director, Bianca Acimovic or Business and Development Supervisor, Kim Withers.
Applications Close: Monday 1 March 2021 at Midnight (AEST)
Rockhampton Museum of Art First Nations Arts Assistant is funded through Tim Fairfax Family Foundation.