- Fixed Term Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- Order – Apprentices and Trainees Wages and Conditions
- Location – Rockhampton / Gracemere / Mount Morgan
Your new role
Are you a confident and motivated individual with a can-do attitude and a passion for working in horticulture?
Kick start your career by applying for a Trainee Gardener position within Parks at Rockhampton Regional Council. This is a great opportunity to gain hands on experience whilst studying and working towards a successful completion of Certificate II in Horticulture which has a 12 month nominal study term. You will undertake routine horticultural and landscape maintenance activities, and maintain and operate small machinery and hand tools, all under the supervision of Council’s supportive teams.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
· Someone who is interested in taking the next step in their career within the Horticulture industry!
· Positive attitude with the ability to work well in a team environment
· Self-motivated with a passion for learning
· Passion for improving the region’s parks and recreational spaces
· Enthusiastic and motivated individual who is able to use initiative
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
· Supportive working environment with on the job mentoring
· A large employer with a strong values driven culture
· Supportive Work/Life Balance
· A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
· Ongoing training and development opportunities
· 17.5% annual leave loading
· Wages paid fortnightly
· Employee Assistance Program
· Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
· A genuine interest in the horticultural industry including Workplace Health & Safety.
· Written and verbal communication skills with a focus on quality customer service.
· Ability to work within a team environment and the ability to display initiative in the workplace.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 12 July 2021 at Midnight (AEST)