- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $86,493 - $90,095 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 5) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Are you an analytical thinker and possess the desire to build your understanding of accounting functions within a Local Government environment? Council is seeking a motivated team member to join the Accounting Services Unit.
You will contribute to the preparation, maintenance and analysis of budgets, including the monitoring of financial performance in a multi-disciplined organisation. Using your analytical skills you will assist with the completion of Council’s Annual Financial Statements and other statutory reporting requirements, including the development and completion of work papers. A motivated and enthusiastic person, you possess a high level of attention to detail and use your initiative to resolve issues and identify areas for improvement.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- You will possess a relevant tertiary qualification and have the ability to interpret relevant legislation and Australian Accounting Standards.
- Experience in data analysis for a range of financial activities and use and development of financial management and reporting systems.
- Ability to work together with others to achieve common goals both within immediate team and teams across Council.
- Ability to analyse problems by gathering information and develop a solution or options to make a recommendation.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Degree qualification in Business, majoring in Accounting with experience and/or knowledge in any of financial accounting, management accounting or asset accounting.
- Working knowledge in data analysis for a range of financial activities; and development of financial management and reporting systems.
- Ability to interpret relevant Legislation and Australian Accounting Standards.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to prioritise, plan and organise workloads.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 2 August 2021 at Midnight (AEST)