- Fixed Term Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- Order – Apprentices and Trainees Wages and Conditions
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Do you have a strong passion for the building industry and are looking for the next step in your career?
Join our team at Rockhampton Regional Council by applying for an Apprentice Carpenter position.
Our skilled trade professionals will assist you to apply your practical skills and gain knowledge of a wide range of maintenance
and building functions through an asset management framework. You will gain valuable hands on experience with operating hand tools,
measuring instruments, saws, grinders, jigsaws and hammer drills.
With the help of our qualified team, gain your Certificate III in Carpentry which has 4 year nominal study term.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Hands on learner with the desire to grow your knowledge in Carpentry
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning
- Focus on workplace health and safety
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who is able to use initiative
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive working environment with on the job mentoring
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- A genuine interest in carpentry including Workplace Health & Safety.
- Written and verbal communication skills with a focus on quality customer service.
- Work within a team environment and the ability to display initiative in the workplace.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
To be eligible for this role, applicants must be:
· Aged 15 years or older and no longer at school.
· Able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a traineeship.
Government Funded Positions
Some Rockhampton Regional Council traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities are made available with the assistance of government funding. These positions are subject to further eligibility requirements.
Applicants must meet one of the following identified disadvantage groups (you can meet more than one requirement):
· Young people (aged 15 – 24 years)
· People with disability
· Long-term unemployed job seekers
· Displaced workers
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
· Women re-entering the workforce
· Mature-age job seekers (45 years or older)
· Veterans and ex-service personnel
· Migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Applications Close: Monday 13 September 2021 at Midnight (AEST)