- Fixed Term Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- Order – Apprentices and Trainees Wages and Conditions
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Are you a keen learner with an interest in the warehousing industry? If you have always wanted to learn more about warehousing and
kick-start your career this is the position for you!
This exciting opportunity will see a Warehouse Trainee complete Certificate III in Warehousing Operations while learning on the job and
gaining hands on experience. You will undertake routine activities of a clerical and/or support nature to the Procurement and Logistics team
while providing provide good customer service to internal and external customers.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- A genuine interest in warehousing with the passion to learn and grow
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning
- Focus on workplace health and safety
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who is able to use initiative
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive working environment with on the job mentoring
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- A genuine interest in the warehousing industry including Workplace Health & Safety.
- Written and verbal communication skills with a focus on quality customer service.
- Work within a team environment and the ability to display initiative in the workplace.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
To be eligible for this role, applicants must be:
· Aged 15 years or older and no longer at school.
· Able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a traineeship.
Government Funded Positions
Some Rockhampton Regional Council traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities are made available with the assistance of government funding. These positions are subject to further eligibility requirements.
Applicants must meet one of the following identified disadvantage groups (you can meet more than one requirement):
· Young people (aged 15 – 24 years)
· People with disability
· Long-term unemployed job seekers
· Displaced workers
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
· Women re-entering the workforce
· Mature-age job seekers (45 years or older)
· Veterans and ex-service personnel
· Migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Applications Close: Monday 13 September 2021 at Midnight (AEST)