Manager Civil Operations
Are you an outstanding leader and team player with a track record in building high-performing teams that are aligned, engaged, and collaborative and are passionate about shaping our community?
Contract Full Time (4 years) with an attractive salary package of circa $200,000 per annum (including superannuation + vehicle)
Your new role
Are you a natural born leader with a proven track record in managing and delivering a wide range of civil construction and maintenance activities?
Rockhampton Regional Council takes pride in providing leadership, corporate oversight and strategic direction to create a region that our community values and others admire. Whether you are looking for career advancement or a role where you can make a difference, the Manager Civil Operations is the perfect role to showcase your skills and knowledge as a professional engineer.
In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of road and civil infrastructure projects whilst also undertaking stakeholder consultations and engagement with industry to keep abreast of trends and implement better practice solutions. You will clearly articulate the direction for the team and oversee performance to drive and ensure a safe and productive operation that delivers consistent and quality civil construction and maintenance activities across the region.
What we are looking for
- Experienced engineer with significant working knowledge of relevant Local Government operations and legislative framework.
- An exceptional leader who has the ability to lead, mentor and build a high performing team that is results orientated.
- Proven project management experience with the ability to drive organisational change and a safety first focus to ensure effective implementation of WHS programs and systems.
- Highly developed communication skills with a demonstrated ability to advise, liaise, negotiate and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
- A key driver in enhancing and contributing to the vision of Council and organisational change.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
· A large employer with a strong values driven culture
· Make a Difference to the Rockhampton Region
· Provide effective leadership and guidance to a diverse team
· Corporate membership discounts
· Salary sacrifice options
· Employee Assistance Program
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 3-4 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Bachelor of Engineering - Civil qualifications (or approved equivalent) sufficient to be eligible for membership of Engineers Australia and RPEQ, and substantial work experience in civil construction and maintenance.
- Experience with the delivery of a large and diverse civil infrastructure construction and maintenance program.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to drive and motivate your team to develop an inclusive culture, foster a collaborative approach and ensure the business performance of the unit.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and deliver risk management, safe work methodology, and ensure the effective implementation of WHS programs, systems and compliance.
- High level financial and budget management skills including the development, management and monitoring of business and financial plans to ensure short and long term goals are met.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Tuesday 5 October 2021 at Midnight (AEST)