Museum of Art Director
· Contract Full Time (4 years)
· Supportive Work/Life Balance
· Attractive salary package circa $144,000 per annum depending on skills and experience (Including superannuation)
· Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
A rare and exciting opportunity exists for you to make your mark as Director of the brand new Rockhampton Museum of Art.
For over 50 years, the Rockhampton Art Gallery has provided Central Queensland with a visual arts centre that excites, engages and challenges audiences. In early 2022, Rockhampton Art Gallery will enter a new phase, as Rockhampton Museum of Art, and move into a new, state-of-the-art 4,711sqm facility located in the heart of Rockhampton’s Central Business District. As we enter the final stages towards the grand opening of the new Rockhampton Museum of Art, we are looking for a progressive, engaging, open, genuine person to undertake the role of Director.
You will support Council’s direction by achieving quality service outcomes through the management of operations of the Rockhampton Museum of Art to position it as Central Queensland’s premier visual arts institution. As a natural leader, you will provide guidance and support in the planning and delivery of engagement, learning, development, visitors services, curatorial, exhibitions and collections activities at the Rockhampton Museum of Art.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
· Tertiary qualifications in art history, visual arts, fine arts, arts administration and extensive relevant work experience in a similar environment.
· An exceptional leader who has the ability to lead, mentor and build a high performing team that is results orientated.
· A key driver in enhancing and contributing to the vision of Council and organisational effectiveness.
· Highly developed communication skills with a demonstrated ability to advise, liaise, negotiate and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
· Organisational skills to strive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
· A large employer with a strong values driven culture
· A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
· Ongoing training and development opportunities
· Corporate membership discounts
· Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
· Wages paid fortnightly
· Employee Assistance Program
· Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 3-4 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
· Extensive experience and management in public gallery administration with knowledge of national and international contemporary art practice.
· Proven ability to develop a leading visual arts collecting cultural institution and identify and develop new creative business opportunities to increase income generation and/or reduce operational costs.
· High level financial and budget management skills including the development, management and monitoring of business and financial plans for exhibitions, programs, events and retail in a gallery or museum environment.
· Demonstrated experience in working directly with artists, collections, cultural institution, funders and donors with focus on achieving positive business outcomes.
· Ability to lead, mentor and motivate staff to achieve with a One Team approach.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Tuesday 5 October 2021 at Midnight (AEST)