- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- $52.79 - $57.35 per hour (Including casual loading) (LGIA Stream A Level 4/5 Depending on skills and experience) + Superannuation
- Location – Various
Your new role
Do you have a passion for literature and libraries and experience in a public library environment? Council is recruiting for a casual Librarian to join their team. You will have experience providing effective reference and reader advisory services to a diverse range of customers, utilising print and digital formats. It is also important that you have a keen interest in emerging technologies and STEAM programs.
Your strong eContent and print collections knowledge combined with your excellent communication skills will allow you to recommend quality reading to customers to ensure their Library experience is second to none. You will be enthusiastic and have great people skills while being responsible for providing quality customer service to diverse members of the community.
As this is a casual position there are no set hours and you will work on an ‘as needs’ basis to meet the requirements of the position. You will have the ability to work on call, working weekend shifts as well as working at different sites in accordance with the library roster.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Ability to work adhoc shifts including evening and weekend shifts as per the library roster across the any of our four libraries in the Rockhampton Region.
- Passion for libraries with a commitment to promoting reading and literacy development
- Someone that enjoys providing customer service and building positive relationships with members of the community.
- Experience in daily supervision of staff and ability to mentor and motivate staff to promote a positive culture.
- Ability to undertake physical work that involves regular and repetitive movements.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2-4 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Significant experience in a public library environment (Qualifications relevant to the position, eg; Bachelor Library and Information Science are desirable)
- Passion for libraries with a commitment to promoting reading and literacy development, and assisting clients with use of library resources and facilities.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a focus on providing positive interactions with services and staff.
- Strong team player that promotes positive work environment and the ability to display initiative.
- Interest in new and emerging technologies, their promotion and application in libraries, with a willingness to learn and support clients with their use.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Tuesday 5 October 2021 at Midnight (AEST)