Gardener (Botanic Gardens)
- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $61,181 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 4 + Site Allowance) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can contribute to the conservation and enhancement of the living collection whilst continually improving the standards of gardens, turf, tree collections and landscapes within Rockhampton Botanic Gardens?
On a day to day basis you will undertake Horticulture maintenance and other related duties within the Rockhampton Botanic Gardens. This will include planting, pruning, mowing, irrigation maintenance, pest and disease management, weed control and other industry related duties.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Knowledge and experience in horticulture and open space maintenance in a large public park or garden environment.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain small machinery including but not limited to tractors, mowers, brush cutters, chain saws, blowers and other plant.
- A motivated self-starter with a passion to deliver high standard quality horticulture works.
- Someone who enjoys and is capable of physical and outdoor work.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to carry out your duties in a safe manner and assist in building a professional and positive safety culture
- Ability to maintain knowledge of a diverse range of plant collections and establishing appropriate conditions for ongoing plant health of Horticultural collections and displays to industry standards.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Certificate II or III in Horticulture or equivalent and/or substantial work experience within a horticultural environment.
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining public amenities and horticultural displays to a high standard.
- A strong team player that demonstrates positive attitude and can work independently
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 18 July 2022 at Midnight (AEST)