Environmental Health Officer
- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $79,619 - $90,095 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 5) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Enjoy the benefits of a broad role responsible for ensuring the preservation and promotion of a high standard of community health and quality of life through consultation, education, inspection and monitoring and strategic planning.
The successful candidate will be able to manage their time and demonstrate initiative in order to achieve outcomes, position objectives and expectations as well as organisational values. In this role you will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to provide mentorship to members of the team.
Applicants with experience in Local Government, Food Safety Auditor Qualifications and Environmental Health Australia membership are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Ability to work together with others to achieve common goals both within immediate team and teams across Council.
- Demonstrated oral communication skills with ability to engage and address members of the wider community, provide accurate advice and ensure a quality customer service is provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provision of high level technical support and specialist advice on legislation, Council policies and Australian Standards to immediate colleagues, Council staff, customers and Government and Non-Government agencies where appropriate.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards, Local Laws and policies in environmental health and ability to interpret and effectively apply legislation.
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2-4 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Qualification in Applied Science (Environmental Health) or related qualifications and experience/knowledge gained through work experience in a field relevant to the position
- Technical knowledge relating to public health, environmental protection, health promotion, social issues and sustainable development.
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant Legislation, Australian Standards, Local Laws and Policies in environmental health
- Well-developed communication skills both oral and written and a demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and negotiate.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 8 August 2022 at Midnight (AEST)