Senior Asset Engineer
- Contract Full Time (4 years)
- Supportive work life balance
- Attractive salary package of circa $155,000 per annum (including superannuation)
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Are you an Engineer with substantial experience in Asset Management? Rockhampton Regional Council is seeking a motivated professional who will play a key role in the efficient and effective management of Council assets. Working closely with a range of stakeholders you will be primarily responsible for delivery of the asset management functions relating to Council’s community assets and facilities.
You will develop, implement and manage asset inspection and condition assessment programs, and analyse asset condition and performance data to prepare prioritised maintenance and capital renewal programs. In this rare opportunity you will use your technical knowledge and communication skills to develop, implement and review strategic asset lifecycle management strategies, plans and programs that support Council’s strategic objectives and appropriately manage risk.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- High level communication skills, including the ability to effectively engage internal stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Significant experience in asset management
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant standards and legislative frameworks
- A strong focus on continuous improvement, and good attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment, including the ability to lead and mentor direct reports.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 3-4 page Cover Letter addressing the Position Requirements below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Bachelor of Engineering in a related field with substantial work experience in asset management, sufficient to be eligible for membership of Engineers Australia as a Professional Engineer
- Experience in analysing asset lifecycle requirements and implementing efficient and effective maintenance and capital work programs according to relevant standards and legislative frameworks.
- Ability to engage, lead, mentor and motivate staff to achieve positive business outcomes with a One Team approach.
- Experience producing high level reports and providing specialist advice to key stakeholders at a variety of different levels.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 12 December 2022 at Midnight (AEST)