Senior Contracts / Procurement Officer
- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $89,152 - $92,863 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 5) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
The Contracts and Tenders Unit are seeking a results focused individual with a strong working knowledge of tendering and contract administration functions to join the team.
You will act with a high degree of initiative and provide specialist consultancy services, prepare contract and tender documents and conduct pre-award contract negotiations.
Be a part of a dedicated team that will bring some exciting new projects to our region by providing support to our service professionals.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Experience within Contracts and Tenders environment and a good understanding of legislation, policies and procedures relevant to the role
- Experience in contract negotiation and assessing contractual risk
- High level written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- A self-starter who is flexible and adaptable to various competing demands with good multi-tasking skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external staff and management of all levels
- Ability to work within a small team but also collaboratively across larger teams, encompassing the One Team value
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 3-4 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Tertiary qualification in Procurement and Contracting, Supply Chain Management, Business, Law or a related discipline and/or demonstrated experience in a Contracts and Tenders environment.
- Working knowledge of tendering and contract administration functions and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge relating to the broad range of contract conditions applicable to procurement, construction and maintenance activities.
- Experience conducting pre-award contract negotiations, including the assessment of conditions of contract departures.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 5 December 2022 at Midnight (AEST)