Industry Engagement and Sponsorship Officer / 3217
- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $82,072 - $87,290 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 4) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Advance Rockhampton is the economic development and marketing arm of Rockhampton Regional Council. This position requires an enthusiastic team member to build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders and provide effective and efficient industry and community engagement and sponsorship attraction.
You will work in a professional, efficient and confidential manner, ensuring the development of good working relationships with all staff and the public.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Proactive individual, motivated to work as a team to deliver the Rockhampton Regional Council events program
- Proven organisational skills to strive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of stakeholders and work collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Engaging and enthusiastic approach with a good understanding of stakeholder engagement and business development.
- Degree qualification in Marketing/Communications/Business and/or work experience in Marketing/Communications/Business Development or work experience in a sponsorship role.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- A 2-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
- Your Current resume.
- Knowledge of stakeholder engagement plans, sponsorship attraction and marketing communications.
- Ability to plan and work independently in a fast-paced environment, while contributing to overarching team goals.
- Ability to manage budgets and work towards meeting sponsorship and engagement targets
- High level of communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build valued relationships with key stakeholders.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 5 December 2022 at Midnight (AEST)