Business and Operations Supervisor
- Permanent Full time
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $103,114 - $110,037 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 6) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Are you an established or emerging cultural services management professional. If so there is an outstanding opportunity at one of Australia’s leading regional galleries with generous working conditions and an affordable regional lifestyle.
Rockhampton Regional Councils Rockhampton Museum of Art is where art is shared, bringing major touring exhibitions to the region, and showcasing the region’s own creativity to the world. We’re here to celebrate our place and our people of Central Queensland, showcasing artists and artworks with a deep resonance to our region and beyond.
The award winning Rockhampton Museum of Art is a new institution, but continues a than 50-year history part of a long tradition of art appreciation, philanthropy and creation in Rockhampton. Our permanent collection is one of national significance. It tracks Australia’s modernist movement with artworks by significant Australian artists including Charles Blackman, Arthur Boyd, Sidney Nolan, Russell Drysdale, Brett Whiteley, John Brack and Fred Williams. RMOA continues this tradition, collecting contemporary work in a collection that boasts significant works by luminaries such as Sally Gabori, Richard Bell, Del Kathryn Barton and Ben Quilty.
If you are looking for a dynamic and passionate team to collaborate, this role offers the chance to shape RMOA’s future from the ground up. You will oversee the daily operations and visitor engagement across programs, philanthropy, events, retail, development, and grow new initiatives, ensuring an open, active, progressive and genuine experience. This is a key role in the organisation requiring a balance of passion, discipline and creativity, working with a variety of stakeholders.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated ability to adapt writing and speaking style for different purposes and audiences.
- Experience building strong working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary workforce, ensuring the management of performance and development of staff to promote a positive work environment.
- Ability to identify current and emerging trends, the ability to apply innovative approaches to, and an understanding of the role of audience research and community engagement in a cultural and creative setting.
- Demonstrated financial management skills, including experience in setting, tracking and managing budgets; applying for, securing and acquitting grant funding.
- Experience managing creative business ventures, hospitality services and learning programs.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 3-4 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Degree qualification in Business Management, Arts Management (or related discipline) and/or experience in the visual arts sector.
- Experience in project management and programming with the ability to deliver strategic projects within the established frameworks.
- High level of communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build valued relationships with funding bodies, donors, sponsors and other agencies to meet and exceed fundraising targets.
- Supervisory experience with ability to lead, mentor and motivate staff to promote a positive culture and achieve high quality results.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday, 4 December 2023 at Midnight (AEST)